Painting Pathways Clubhouse empowers adults with diagnosed mental illness in Manitowoc County by building community, supporting recovery and changing lives.
A clubhouse is a restorative environment for people who have had their lives drastically disrupted and need the support of others who believe that recovery from mental illness is possible for all
- Must have a primary diagnosis of a Serious Mental Illness (SMI) such as, but not limited to Depression, Bipolar, Schizoaffective, or Schizophrenia. Functional impairment due to SMI.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must indicate an interest in rehabilitation / recovery goals (e.g. employment, education, housing, or social network goals).
- Must be able to independently meet self-care and safety needs. As individuals are free to come and go as they like from the clubhouse, they must possess the necessary safety skills and judgement to move about the community without constant or one-on-one supervision.
- Cannot currently pose a threat to the clubhouse community or themselves.